Showing all 1 result
What is Klonopin
Klonopin is the brand name for the generic medication of Clonazepam. It is the medication used by the doctor in order to treat seizures, panic disorder and the movement disorder known as Akathisia. It is a tranquilizer of the benzodiazepine class. Klonopin is very much similar to the working of narcotics a common drug of abuse. It helps in decreasing the intensity of panic attacks and anxiety. Klonopin is using to prevent and control seizures. This medication knows as an anticonvulsant or antiepileptic drug. It is using for the treatment of panic attacks. Klonopin does work by calming your brain and nerves. In other words, Klonopin does come from the family of benzodiazepine. Sometimes this medication used to treat symptoms of mania in people suffering from bipolar disorder.
- Clonazepam is the brand name of a medicine pill that is available in pharmaceutical stores and online as well.
- The generic name of such a drug is Clonazepam.
- It has a category of drugs- Benzodiazepines.
- Klonopin is a drug pill that treats and prevents various types of seizures.
- Moreover, this drug can also treat or resolve the issues of anxiety and panic disorders.
- It relaxes the muscles in the brain, which are unstable and provides calm to balance them.
How to use Klonopin
Klonopin is available in the form of tablets or pills. It can decide by the doctor which dosage is most suitable for the patient. The medication of Klonopin is taken by mouth as directed by the doctor usually 2 to 3 times daily in order to gain full advantage of medication. For an average adult seeking seizure treatment, a common dose of Klonopin is around 1.5 mg per day which should be divided into 0. 5 mg of dosage taken throughout the day. The maximum Klonopin dosage for seizure patients is around 20 milligrams orally throughout the day.
What is Klonopin used for
- As is said above, drug medication helps a person to control and prevent seizures.
- Sometimes, this drug can also be consumable to resolve the panic, anxiety, stress, or depression-related issues.
- Klonopin uses a mandatory prescription from a doctor and a piece of knowledge to the user of such a drug.
- These pills are to keep at room temperature and away from heat, moisture, and others’ reach.
How to take the dosage of Klonopin
- The dosage of Klonopin is to consume with or without meal depends on how your doctor guides.
- These pills are to swallow with enough water.
- You should never chew, lick, or dissolve the medication in water.
How long does Klonopin stay in your system
- Klonopin withdrawal effects may take place after stopping its consumption suddenly.
- Therefore, ask your health care professional to low the dosage slowly.
- Moreover, the half eliminated life of Klonopin is considered to be around 30 to 35 hours.
- In other words, it takes around more than one day for this drug to vanish 50 percent from the body.
- As a result, the time for vanishing such drug pills from a human system will be around 4 to 5 days or maybe lesser.
Klonopin Side effects
It is always advised by the doctor to not use the medication of Klonopin for longer duration as you may develop contractions and harmful symptoms later on. Below are certain side effects of Klonopin:-
- Severe headache
- Difficulty in breathing
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in breathing
- Loss of appetite
- Extreme Weight loss
Long term effect of Klonopin
- Do not use such pills if you have any respiratory problems or glaucoma.
- Always take the quantity as said by the doctor; otherwise, some long term effects of Klonopin may take.
- Some effects do not require any medical attention to an individual.
- Some of these common symptoms are constipation, double vision, shivering body, loss in interest, etc.
- The above symptoms are typical and can get well with time and care.
- However, always consult the doctor if, in case any effect persists, worsen.
- The severe side effects of such medications are nightmares, trouble speaking/sleeping, nervousness, increased heartbeat, etc.
Do consult the doctor immediately as if these above side effects not treated immediately it may turn fatal in worse cases.
- Abuse of Klonopin can cause very severe effects such as death, coma, and respiratory depression.
- Sometimes, the over usage of the drug can make you an addict or dependent on drugs.
- Therefore, never take the quantity more than the prescription of your doctor.
- “Klonopin for sleep” is a term that defines that this medication can also treat the sleeping disorder.